EAR, NOSE & THROAT
With the availability of dynamic ENT Surgeons, Audiologists and Auditory Verbal Therapists, the Department provides advanced care in ENT Head & Neck Surgery and Audio Logical Science. Equipped with all latest equipment and diagnostic methods, like Operating Microscopes, Audiology Lab, Diagnostic Video Endoscopes the Department has served as a benchmark facility in the region. Facilities & Services Available for Outdoor & Indoor patients for all type of ENT diseases.
Who is an ENT Specialist?
An Ear, Nose and Throat specialist (ENT) is a doctor trained in managing illnesses related to the ears, hearing, nose, nasal passage, sinuses, external nasal deformities, larynx, oral cavity, upper pharynx, as well as structures of the neck and face. ENT specialists are experts in both medical and surgical management of the following:
- Head and Neck
CONDITIONS TREATED UNDER ENT
- Eardrum Perforation: A tear or hole in the eardrum which can result in hearing loss. This condition can also make the middle ear more prone to infections or injury.
- Swollen Adenoids: Disease found in children. Enlarged adenoids can cause difficulty in breathing (nasal blockage), mouth breathing, snoring, saliva dribbling from the mouth and block the Eustachian tubes, which connect the middle ear to the back of the nose and can lead to ear disease. These adenoids can be treated both medically and surgically (Endoscopically).
- Sinusitis and Headache: Inflammation of the sinuses result in a blocked nose and thick nasal mucus discharge, accompanied by pain over face and head, recurrent tonsil infections.
- Tinnitus, Dizziness and Decreased Hearing: A condition wherein an individual hears sound when no external sound is present.
- Nasal Airway Obstruction and Allergic Nasal Disease: A condition in which the airflow in and out of the nose is hindered and affects one or both nasal passages. It is caused by either swelling of the nasal tissue or an anatomical blockage by nasal mass which results in narrowing of the nasal cavity and congested sensation in the nasal passage.
- Tonsillitis and Pharyngitis: Swelling of the tonsils caused due to a viral infection or bacterial infections. Swollen tonsils can cause throat pain.
Treatment & Procedures
- Out patients – Ear wax removal, foreign body removal, Examination of ear under Microscope, Audiometry etc.
- In patients – Surgeries for ear discharge, Eardrum perforation repair (Tympanoplasty, Mastoidectomy), Myringotomy with Grommet insertion, Ear lobule repair, Excision of ear pinna lesions, Cochlear Implant surgery, etc.
- Out patients – Nasal Endoscopy, nasal foreign body removal
- In patients – Septoplasty (for Nasal septum correction), Endoscopic surgeries, FESS (for sinusitis), Optic nerve or Orbit decompression, Skull base surgeries, Rhinoplasty (for correction of external nasal deformity for cosmetic purpose), Surgery for excessive tears (Endoscopic Dacryocystorhinostomy) etc.
- Out patients – Fiberoptic laryngoscopy (hoarseness of voice)
- In patients – Airway surgeries for windpipe trauma, Thyroplasty surgery, Micro Laryngeal Surgery, Tonsil and Adenoid surgery etc.
HEAD & NECK
- In patients – Head & Neck surgery, Neck swellings, Thyroid and Parotid Gland surgery, Branchial cyst, thyroglossal cyst, etc.
If someone is dealing with any of these conditions affecting their ears, nose, throat, or a related area, they should visit Manipal Hospitals which is amongst the best ENT hospital in India for a successful ENT treatment.