Lab Sciences Overview
The Department of Lab Sciences at Manipal Hospitals, Jaipur is the hospital-based laboratory accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL). This department functions 24x7 with emphasis on accuracy, precision, and reproducibility of the medical reports.
Each individual section such as Clinical Biochemistry, Clinical Pathology, Haematology, Microbiology and Serology, Histopathology and Cytopathology is led by a team of experts with specialized training. This team is well supported by excellent technical staff and phlebotomists.
Who is a Pathologist?
Pathologists are specialist medical practitioners who diagnose and monitor disease. The primary role of the pathologist is to perform or supervise tests on blood, other body fluids, body secretions and samples of tissue taken at surgery or as a part of a medical examination or autopsy.
Lab Sciences has the following Sections:
- Biochemistry section has a state of art, fully automated integrated clinical chemistry (Cobas Integra 400) and immunoassay analyzers (Cobas e 411), which is able to provide 24x7 services and performs more than 20,000 test per month. These tests mainly comprise of Clinical Biochemistry, Immunoassays, and Therapeutic medical drug levels.
- Microbiology section is well equipped with facilities for automated blood culture and bacterial and fungal identifications. This section offers a large panel of serological tests.
- Hematology section is equipped with fully automated 6 part CBC analyzer, fully automated coagulometer to perform all high-end tests for Haematological Malignancies and Coagulation disorders.
- Histopathology and Cytopathology section caters to over 1800 samples each year.
- Bone Marrow Transplant program in Manipal Hospitals is well supported by the advanced Haematology (Flowcytometry)
- Histopathology and Cytopathology
- Hematology and Clinical Pathology
- Microbiology and Serology
- Clinical Biochemistry & Immunoassay
- Advanced Haematology (Flow cytometry)
In its constant endeavor of maintaining and providing the highest standard of investigation, the laboratory participates in External Quality Assurance programs (EQAS).
A unique strength of our laboratory is its robust academic performance which is reflected by the presentations, publications, and CMEs conducted by our clinical team throughout the year.