The Department of Nephrology at Manipal Hospital, Jaipur is dedicated to the understanding of kidney diseases, their development, progression, treatment, and prevention. The faculty is at the forefront of research & patient care in the field of kidney disease. The pursuit of excellence in patient care through improvement in understanding of disease processes & the development of new evidence-based strategies in treating individuals with kidney disease is our primary goal.
The division of Nephrology is available for patients at any stage of kidney disease. Our main goal is to provide the highest quality care while helping patients manage their condition. Kidney diseases have been increasing in all parts of the world during 10 years. This is mainly due to increase in cases of diabetes & hypertension, which are the main causes of kidney disease. About 40-50% of the kidney patients are diabetic & 30-40% of the patients are hypertensive. The division of Nephrology is available for patients at any stages of kidney disease. Our main goal is to provide the highest quality care while helping patients manage their condition.
We see patients with a wide range of conditions, including diabetes & hypertension; inherited disorders such as polycystic kidney disease & end-stage renal disease. We also help patients through follow up management of a kidney transplant in Jaipur.
Who is a Nephrologist?
A Nephrologist is a doctor who specializes in kidney care and treating diseases of the kidneys.
Conditions treated under Nephrology
- Diabetic related kidney disease
- Hypertensive related kidney disease
- Secondary hypertension
- Acute kidney injury
- Renal disease related to Connective Tissue Disorders
- Pregnancy-related kidney problem
- Conservative Nephropathy
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Management of patients on Maintenance Hemodialysis
- Management of post renal transplant patients
- Obesity-related kidney problem
- Lupus Nephritis
- Volume disturbances or electrolyte
- Acid-base disorders
- Cardiogenic shock
- Multiorgan failure
- Childhood Nephrotic syndrome (including drug-related cases)
Treatment & Procedures
- Acute peritoneal dialysis in children
- Bedside Hemodialysis
- Critical Care Nephrology
- Hemodialysis & Hemodiafiltration
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Permanent catheter insertion under fluoroscopy guidance
- Slow continuous venovenous hemofiltration (CRRT)
- Sustained low efficient dialysis (SLED)
- Temporary catheter insertion for HD