Obstetrics and Gynaecology Overview
Manipal Hospitals Jaipur is equipped with the most modern facilities and the best specialists to take care of all emergency situations. Apart from efficient management of routine gynaecological services, the department has established various sub specialties namely, Laparoscopic surgery, Gynaecology under the same roof, thus providing comprehensive care for related issues such as Infertility, Neonatal Care, Depression, Breast Cancer, etc. Well monitored state-of-the-art labor wards, 24-hour Epidural and Anaesthetic Services at par with western standards are now available in the department.
About Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Obstetrics and Gynaecology are two medical specialties that deal with the reproductive system of a female.
Who is an Obstetrician?
Obstetrics deals with taking care of pregnant women, unborn baby, labor, delivery as well as the immediate period following childbirth. An obstetrician takes care that both mother and child get the best care. Whether it is a normal delivery or through a planned or emergency caesarean section our obstetrician are well equipped to handle any variation that may arise during natural as well as the complex course of childbirth.
Conditions treated under Obstetrics
- Early pregnancy and its complications
- Extra Uterine Pregnancy (ECTOPIC pregnancy), a condition where the embryo is in a fallopian tube, ovary.
- Foetal distress
- High-Risk pregnancy (Eclampsia, Gestational Diabetes, Hemorrhage, Twins)
- Postpartum complication including medical and psychological problems
- Screening during pregnancy for medical conditions, high blood pressure and infections
- Screening of foetus during pregnancy for chromosomal abnormalities and infections
Who is a Gynaecologist?
Gynecologist deals with any condition related to the reproductive organs such as the uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix, vagina, and ovaries. Gynecology is a medical field associated with the science of reproductive system and involves different phases of a woman’s life like adolescence, reproduction, menopause and even beyond that.
Conditions treated under Gynaecology
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Menstrual irregularities, Ovarian Cyst, Fibroid of Endometriosis
- Peri-Menopausal issues, Prolapse of the uterus
- Post-Menopausal conditions such as prolapse, incontinence, post-menopausal bleeding
- Preventive care such as Pap Smear, Mammography, and Screening
- Problems related to adolescence such as Amenorrhea and Menorrhagia
- Screening, detection, and treatment of Gynaecological Malignancies
Manipal Hospitals Jaipur is one of the best maternity hospitals which offer the finest care to women seeking Obstetrics and Gynaecological help.