The Radiology Department at Manipal Hospitals is equipped with the CT and MRI. The radiology department also has a computed radiography and Picture Archiving & Communication System (PACS) facility which is networked to the entire hospital. This helps in real-time transmission of information and diagnostic results.
The Department of Radiology and Imaging is well equipped with all the requisite equipment. It has a GE Signa Explorer 1.5 Telsa superconductive MRI unit that comes with a whole range of features. The CT scan has Seimen’s Somatons Emotions 16 slice high-resolution scan with facilities that enable routine CT to 3D reconstruction. The other diagnostic facilities provided at Manipal Hospitals include Colour Doppler studies, Mammography, Digital X-rays(CR), all types of ultrasound including 3D & 4D scans with image intensifiers and more.
Who is a Radiologist?
Radiologist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating disease and injury through the use of medical imaging techniques such as x-rays, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and ultrasound.
Treatment & Procedures
- 3D CT Reconstruction Facility
- CT Angiography (non-cardiac)
- Colour Doppler
- Diagnostic Mammography
- Dynamic contrast breast MRI study
- Dynamic contrast MRI study for Pituitary Gland
- MR Spectroscopy
- MR Urography & Cholangiopancreatography
- Perfusion studies and fast spin Echo techniques
- Routine CT scan
- Virtual Endoscopy on CT scan
- X-ray machines with C-arm and image intensifiers