Urology hospital in Jaipur at Manipal Hospital offers comprehensive treatment for various urological conditions. Our state-of-the-art facilities specialise in providing services in the areas of urology, uro-oncology, reconstructive urology & laparoscopic andrology services among others. We incorporate the latest advancements of the medical field to offer highest clinical governance standards and patient-centric care.
Some of our exceptional services include Laparoscopic Urological Surgery, Uro-Oncology & Reconstructive Surgery of Urinary Tract.
Who is a Urologist?
They are physicians who specialize in the genitourinary tract such as the kidneys, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra and male reproductive organs and male fertility. Urologists are also trained in the surgical and medical treatment of diseases that affect these organs.
Conditions treated under Urology
Urinary-Tract Infections (UTIs): Occurring due to pathogenic bacteria or viruses, UTIs lead to a frequent urge to urinate accompanied by a burning sensation while urinating. Some other symptoms include cloudy urine, pelvic pain in women and fatigue. Urinary Tract Infection is more common in women as compared to men.
- Kidney Stones: These are crystalized form of substances like calcium and oxalates & uric acid crystals that accumulate over time and form small stones in the kidney. A person suffering from kidney stones may experience severe pain in lower abdomen, frequent urination and nausea.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH): Also known as Prostate Enlargement, this urological condition occurs in men. The prostate gland gets bigger that leads to various complications including urinary tract infections and bladder stones. It causes trouble in urination, loss of bladder control to weak stream and nocturia.
- Bladder Cancer: Bladder Cancer begins from the tissues of the bladder. The cells grow uncontrollably and form tumours inside the organ. The most common symptom of bladder cancer is blood in urine. Others include pain during urination, urgent need to urinate and increased frequency of urination.
- Kidney Cancer: Also called Renal Cancer, this type of cancer begins in kidneys when there is an overproduction of abnormal cells. Its symptoms may vary from person to person and include loss of appetite, blood in the urine, lump in the abdomen, fatigue, anaemia among others.
- Prostate Cancer: Occurring in men, prostate cancer affects prostate gland which is a small walnut-sized gland that produces seminal fluid. Symptoms of prostate cancer may include difficulty in urination, blood in semen, erectile dysfunction, pain in bones, and discomfort in the pelvic region.
Treatment & Procedures
Lifestyle Changes: In conditions like UTIs, lifestyle changes are recommended to the patient in the initial stages to control the symptoms. Some of them are limiting the amount of caffeine, quitting smoking, drinking enough water to stay hydrated.
Medications: Doctors prescribe medications to cure urological diseases. The medications may range from antibiotics to chemotherapy drugs depending on the type of urological condition.
- Surgery: Surgical treatments are performed depending on the condition and the stage of the disease. Some of the common surgical procedures are laparoscopic urologic surgery and reconstructive surgery of the urinary tract.